NaCCRA collaborates nationwide with residents and prospective residents of Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs) and its affiliate organizations for the purpose of promoting, protecting and improving the CCRC lifestyle.
MEMBERSHIP MANAGEMENT OFFICE
NaCCRA has no formal staff. Most of our work is done by volunteers. To save money, we work with Partners in Association Management, which has long experience in supporting groups like ours. That allows us to share administrative costs with other organizations.
Partners in Association Management
325 John Knox Road L103
Tallahassee, FL 32303
- We have developed a set of Governance Standards and Model Laws.
- We helped pass federal legislation on the the Return to Home (HMO) Bill.
- We worked closely with LeadingAge to eliminate the unfair and unjust tax on Imputed Interest.
- We are reaching more Community Associations, State Associations, and individuals through our growing membership and are actively working to help form such associations to provide local input and local representation.
- We prepare position papers on the most controversial issues affecting residents’ security and quality of life. We remain open to all points of view on these matters.
- We have a newsletter to facilitate the exchange of successful solutions to mutual problems at the state level.
- We meet regularly with provider organizations in pursuit of common goals.
- What should exist in a CCRC contract for the benefit of residents? What should be watched for and avoided?
- What should exist in a Disclosure Statement? Why it is important for a CCRC to offer one?
- What is important for the resident in a financial analysis and CCRC comparison?
- Why are three things—formal audits, actuarial analysis, and accreditation—important for CCRC health? Are there more that are also important?
- What is the importance of Board of Director memberships, CCRC management, and resident organizations? What are their interactions and relationships?
- Why do we need a model Resident Bill of Rights?
- What information would be included in a comprehensive Consumer Guide for potential residents interested in selecting a CCRC?
- What information would be included in a comprehensive Financial Guide to reading and interpreting CCRC financial reports, form 990s, and similar documents?
- How can we better share information and respond to information in LifeLine?